Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on ARM

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on ARM
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 04:54:08 +0400

Hi Marcus,

On Oct 9, 2010, at 4:44 AM, Marcus D. Leech wrote:

> Not to be a wet-blanket or anything, but the USRP2 requires 1GiGe.  The
> PHY/MAC isn't set up to negotiate 100Mbit.  To support
>  USRP2, you need a 1GiGE interface.  That's part of the reason I went
> with the Sheeva Plug--it has 1GiGe.  But it doesn't have floating
>  point :-(

I wasn't aware of that. Perhaps in this special case, the PHY/MAC FPGA code
could be reprogrammed to operate at 100Mbit, just to make it work with the
Overo?

If that is sufficient bandwidth would depend upon the application, but it is an
interesting experiment to try out.

I already got GNU Radio running on the Mac from sources. I also have been
working on the Gumstix Overo for about 2 years now with OpenEmbedded, so it
should be interesting just to port it across and run it off the overo.

Elvis Dowson