[Discuss-gnuradio] File sink causes "S" errors

From: Thomas Hobiger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] File sink causes "S" errors
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:35:45 +0900

Hi everybody,

I am running a USRP2 with a DBSRX and talking to the hardware via raw ethernet. Running GRC goes well (e.g. doing a real-time FFT spectrum), but when I start recording on disc I get many "S" messages ("2 successive packets which do not have 2 successive sequence numbers") after about 10 seconds. I am currently sampling with a decimation of 4, but the problem remains with other decimation factors as wekk, just the messages show up slightly delayed. I think the HD itself is not the reason as I am recording to a 80 GB SSD, which has EXT4 and is mounted in a quite fast mode (I have benchmarked the I/O giving me much more bandwidth than what streams in from the USRP2). I have started to modify parts of the GNURADIO code, but changing buffer sizes does not help much.

Is there anybody who experienced similar troubles?

Regards,
  Thomas Hobiger

Dr. Thomas Hobiger
Space-Time Measurement Project
Space-Time Standards Group
New Generation Network Research Center
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology
4-2-1 Nukui-Kitamachi, Koganei
184-8795 Tokyo
Japan
email:  address@hidden