[Discuss-gnuradio] Decimating FIR Filter Taps and gr.firdes.complex_band

From: John Shields
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Decimating FIR Filter Taps and gr.firdes.complex_band_pass incompatibility - Marcus SARA SID SDR
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 13:21:22 +1300

In the April/May 2010 SARA Journal, Marcus Leech had an article entitled
"Building an SDR SID Receiver in an Afternoon" which was highly
information and inspirational. While my sound card only goes to 48 KHz
sampling, I decided to try his implementation and in terms of entry into
GRC, things have gone well except for the taps and their variables and a
non-cooperative import box.

While the screenshot in the article shows variables of ID: c1..4_taps
and value of gr.firdes.complex_b... the text hints are band_pass and the
variable blocks do accept this though it is displayed as value:
<functio.... 0x8801ae4> , however, the Decimating FIR Filters complain
about:

Problem 1

>>> Param - Taps(taps):
        Expression "[<function complex_band_pass at 0x8801ae4>]" is invalid for
type complex vector.

no matter which "type" I specify for the filter.

Problem 2

import :notchfilt

 >>> Param - Import(import):
        Bad import syntax: "notchfilt".

have tried notchfilter etc. but without success. Not sure if this is
related to Problem 1?

       Kind Regards,

                    John