Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Max Voltage swing for WBX boards

From: Vincent W
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Max Voltage swing for WBX boards
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 22:24:50 -0400

>> > What are the absolute and preferred input voltage ranges for the RX, LFRX,
>> > and
>> > WBX boards?
> BasicRX or LFRX can take +10dBm (~2Vpp)
>
> WBX input power should not exceed -10dBm (~0.2Vpp)
>
>> > What is the best way of attenuating the signal?
> Mini Circuits makes a line of coaxial attenuators which can be
> installed in your SMA cabling, we find they work fairly well.  I have
> also found the the North Hills baluns to be very nice, as well as
> those from Mini Circuits.
>
> Jason

Thank you for your advice. I got everything working nicely, and just wanted to
confirm those values as working nicely.

I ended up using a simple resistive attenuator (made of discrete components) to
ensure the signal was within the limits set above, and so didn't have a didn't
have a chance to test the coaxial attenuators you recommended. Having said that,
I'm in the processes of buying some now.

Thank you for your help,