Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] want to achieve the symbol rate to 270.833kb/s

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] want to achieve the symbol rate to 270.833kb/s
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:21:23 -0400

2010/9/17 intermilan <address@hidden>:
> hi Tom:
>
>       I can not find the examples what you asked me to look for.so what the
> version of your Gnuradio? Mine is 3.2.2.
>       Besides, I still wonder why I can not use the resampler block in the
> /gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/blks2impl in which I can set the value of
> the interpolation and decimation.and the program will automatic to set the
> parameters of the filter I need.I think it is capable. So can you tell some
> specific reasons?
>

> thank you

You'll need either GNU Radio 3.3.0 or the latest checkout from git.

Then yes, you can use the rational resampler. I misunderstood what you
were saying in your original email. I thought you were having problems
using the rational resampler to make the values work out properly. The
nice thing about the arbitrary resampler is that you don't have to
find a valid set of integers for the interp/decim to get your sample
rate; instead, you pass it a real number to get out the sample rate
that you want.

But running through the numbers, it looks to me like you'll get the
desired sample rate. So yes, that should work.

Tom