[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 cannot transmit/receive a OFDM packet discontin

From: Fisheep
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 cannot transmit/receive a OFDM packet discontinuously sometimes
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:52:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

My problem is that I try to discontinuously send "a" OFDM packet by using
time.sleep() on USRP1, but fail to successfully receive this OFDM packet at
the receiver sometimes.

Brief Setting Description:
Code : gnuradio-example/python/ofdm/benchmark_ofdm_tx{rx}.py
Daughterboard : FLEX900
OS : Ubuntu 8.10
Tx :
    send_pkt(data) -> time.sleep(1) -> send_pkt(data) -> time.sleep(1) ->
Rx :
  ok = False , pktno = 65537, ....
  ok = True  , pktno = 1      , ....

I have surveyed about this discussion on the forum. Using discontinuous
transmission is to ensure the transmitter successly sending a packet and
receiver will receive this packet. And I try this scheme on single carrier
case like benchmark_tx{rx}.py on digital file, every packet is successful
receive at receiver. But when changing to OFDM, not every packet is
successful receive.

Is it that fft consumes lots of time and causes the transmitter doesn't send
this packet?
I think this is the main different between single carrier and OFDM.

If anyone have any idea about this problem, please let me know.
I am deeply appreciative.

Fisheep