[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 UHD Matlab Receiver Communications Blockset

From: Vincent W
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 UHD Matlab Receiver Communications Blockset
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 21:43:44 -0400

Hi,

I stumbled on this blockset on the Matlab website:

http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/commblks/ref/usrp2receiver.html

I've been making do with the old firmware and fpga, but when I saw this link, I
became really excited - especially because it implies I can decrease the
decimation on my USRP2 to 1 - perhaps by requesting real, single precision
values instead of complex doubles.

Is there an open source version of that blockset?

Alternatively, despite poking around the UHD API, it wasn't immediately obvious
how I could change the type of data, or set a decimation of 1, from the
uhd::usrp::simple_usrp class. I suspect it may have something to do with the
uhd::io_type_t class, but, again, I'm not too sure.

Has anyone had a chance to play around with this blockset, or know how it works?
It looks _really_ neat, and appears to work with wbx boards.

Vincent W