Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio via MacPorts Updated

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio via MacPorts Updated
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 22:27:18 -0400

On Sep 7, 2010, at 2:04 PM, Elvis Dowson wrote:
> Does it use the GTK+ with support for native OS X look and feel?

It uses whatever MacPorts provides; by default:

  gtk2 @2.20.1_0 +x11

but I can specify for it to use instead:

  gtk2 @2.20.1_0 +no_x11 +quartz

and then I have to go through all of the various graphics ports & make sure
they are also +no_x11+quartz .  I haven't tried this latter to make sure it
works, but I don't see why it wouldn't (unless one of the ports is broken with
those variants).

> are all the library dependencies for GNU Radio build as 32-bit only
> executables or for both 32-bit and 64-bit?

I built solely as x86_64 (64-bit), not as universal (which would include i386
[32-bit]).  I haven't gone through all of the installed libraries by hand to
verify that all are 64-bit, but linking wouldn't work if they weren't so I'm
guessing they are.  Also, all of the testing I've done is to run "make check"
(which does pass) ... I haven't tried a GUI or anything yet.  Hopefully I'll
find time to try it in the next couple of days; or, maybe some other GNU Radio
OSX user will beat me to doing so :)

Good questions; keep 'em coming! - MLD