Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error building the mb-gcc toolchain on Mac OS X 1

From: Jason Abele
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error building the mb-gcc toolchain on Mac OS X 10.6.4
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 09:05:22 -0700

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 2:20 AM, Elvis Dowson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>         I'm trying to build the mb-gcc toolchain on Mac OS X 10.6.4, but it
> doesnt progress. Without a mb-gcc, gnuradio configure doesnt proceed with
> building support for the USRP2, so I can't try out the UHD drivers on Mac OS
> X.

Elvis,

The usrp2 target in GNUradio can be skipped and you will still get
full UHD functionality.  The uhd target is the only required target
for UHD support within GNUradio.

The only reason you would need to successfully build the usrp2 target
(ie. have a working mb-gcc) is if you wanted to build your own version
of the USRP2 firmware image.

For getting started, you can use the prebuilt USRP2 images from the
Ettus Research Website:

http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/public/wiki/U2binaries

Jason