Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Getting my feet wet on the Tx side of the world

From: ikjtel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Getting my feet wet on the Tx side of the world
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 05:26:32 -0700 (PDT)

> The TX side of the project is still fairly primitive--they have a
> hand-coded flow-graph that implements an APCO-25 4-level
>  FSK modulator, using an *audio* sink, and then carefully plugging the
> audio into the guts of a physical radio, right at the [snipped]

Soundcard output direct into a TX is something we'd actually like to have
working, but as of yet it hasn't been tested successfully by anyone that I know
of.  Getting this to work would be HUGE since it would enable use of TX RF
hardware that has already received FCC certification in various bands...

> So, I decided to adapt what they'd done on the audio side to driving a
> USRP directly (with an appropriate RF card, naturally).

Already done!  Sorry the docs aren't better.  Check out op25_tx.py

Max