Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD/antennas/device names/etc.

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD/antennas/device names/etc.
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:43:39 -0700

Bob,

So to make a device (lets say its at ip 192.168.10.2):

uhd::device_addr dev_addr;
dev_addr["addr"] = "192.168.10.2";
uhd::usrp::simple_usrp::sptr my_device = uhd::usrp::simple_usrp::make(dev_addr);

-- OR with a markup string --

uhd::usrp::simple_usrp::sptr my_device = uhd::usrp::simple_usrp::make("addr=192.168.10.2");

To set the RX antenna (WBX or RFX):

my_device->set_rx_antenna("RX2");

-- OR --

my_device->set_rx_antenna("TX/RX");

The error you got when setting the antenna indicates that you did
my_device->set_rx_antenna("");
However, a blank string is not a valid antenna name for those boards.
You may also query for a list of possible antenna names with:
std::vector<std::string> ants = my_device->get_rx_antenna_names();

-Josh