Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Souce Block

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Souce Block
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:32:51 -0700

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:08:22AM -0300, John Li wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have many source blocks with different kinds of signal generator and I
> want to create a configurable unique block.
>
> Can I make a source block with multiple outputs each one with a different
> rate?
>
> Thank you,
> John

Yes you can in 3.3.*

Your block will need to derive from gr_block, and in general_work you
must call produce for each output streams, and general_work must
return WORK_CALLED_PRODUCE as it's value.

>From gr_block.h:

  //! Magic return values from general_work
  enum {
    WORK_CALLED_PRODUCE = -2,
    WORK_DONE = -1
  };

  /*!
   * \brief Tell the scheduler \p how_many_items were produced on output stream
\p which_output.
   *
   * If the block's general_work method calls produce, \p general_work must
return WORK_CALLED_PRODUCE.
   */
  void produce (int which_output, int how_many_items);

Eric