Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Large FFTs

From: Thomas Hobiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Large FFTs
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 08:57:56 +0900

Hi,

Your reply is related to running the FFT on the CPU, right? Do you have any
experience running it on the FPGA of the USRP1 or USRP2?
No, but I know that radio astronomers do this.

I have done FFT with CUDA. As long as you can keep the data inside the
GPU for long enough, you can get pretty nice performance.
We have done our prior developments with the GPU

http://www.springerlink.com/content/j17244nu708381n6/

But since we were looking for a cheaper front-end solution, we stumbled over GNU radio. If there would be a way to do the FFT on the FPGA (for the signal) and do the rest on the GPU we should be able to speed up things.

Anyway,  thanks.

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Hobiger
Space-Time Measurement Project
Space-Time Standards Group
New Generation Network Research Center
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology
4-2-1 Nukui-Kitamachi, Koganei
184-8795 Tokyo
Japan
email:  address@hidden