[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Power Supply Noise

From: Jeffrey Lambert
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Power Supply Noise
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:32:56 -0400

Hello,
I am attempting to build an analog front-end to a USRP 1 device. I have selected a VCO that will suit the frequency range we are looking at: It is an RFVC1800 and has a tuning range of approximately 7.4 - 12.4 GHz over a 13 volt tuning voltage. As this VCO is very sensitive to external noise, some power filtering will be necessary to minimize jitter and phase noise. What I would like to know is whether or not there are any other adverse effects from using the simple switch mode supply that is included with the USRP?

Thanks,
~Jeffrey Lambert
--
~Jeffrey Lambert, K1VZX