Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp usb problem with Mandriva 2010.1

From: Thomas Tsou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp usb problem with Mandriva 2010.1
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:52:40 -0700

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:07 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello-
>
> I am having a usb/USRP issue under x86_64 Mandriva 2010.1 with gnuradio-3.3.0.
>
> I compiled and installed using the default procedure:
> ./configure
> make
> sudo make install
>
> When I try to use usrp_fft.py, I get many errors (see below).  The gui pops
> up, but no data is displayed:
>
> address@hidden z.gnuradio]$ usrp_fft.py
> fusb::_submit_urb: Bad file descriptor
> _submit_urb failed
> fusb::_submit_urb: Bad file descriptor
> _submit_urb failed
> fusb::_submit_urb: Bad file descriptor

I'm guessing that this is the result of an attempt to extract the file
descriptor out of a libusb-1.0 handle. The presence of the libusb
compatibility layer - which is incompatible - may have allowed you to
get through configure. Try building with the following option.

./configure --with-fusb-tech=libusb1

> I believe this is a distribution-specific error, as I was not able to
> duplicate the issue on a different x86_64 Fedora 12 computer using exactly
> the same installation procedure and USRP hardware.

The recent Mandriva releases are among distributions (SUSE may be
another) that drop native support for the older version of libusb,
which gnuradio uses by default. To date, Fedora and Ubuntu have not
made this change.

  Thomas