Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] improper WBX transmission of tone in center of sp

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] improper WBX transmission of tone in center of spectrum
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 21:17:45 -0700

Thanks for the help, Matt.  I never actually knew what DC offset was until now ;)  Learning as I go!

From what I understand, the USRP2 scales between -1.0 and 1.0.  I am trying to boost my transmit power well over the power of the DC offset. I think that if I increase the gain, the DC offset is also boosted.  So I am trying to boost my signal over it (for this 75dB separation).  I am scaling my samples to the -1 and 1 range, but I am not seeing that much separation after scaling:
http://cyprus.cmcl.cs.cmu.edu/~gnychis/boost.jpg

That's about a 5dB separation after scaling.  I am not adding any attenuation, and this is conducted.  I am also configuring the gain to 0, so as to not boost the DC offset either.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

- George