[Discuss-gnuradio] complex multiplication question

From: John Andrews
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] complex multiplication question
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 18:45:45 -0700

Hi,
can someone guide me a little here please. I have a complex signal S(n) that I multiply with a sequence P(n) of length N (the sequence consists of {-1,1} ). I pass the product into a Costas Loop to track the carrier. Btw, the complex_input signal a spread signal spread using the sequence P(n) and BPSK modulated.

S(n)*P(n) ---> Costas Loop

Then I want to remove the carrier from the original signal which can be done by multiplying the frequency output of the costas loop which is foptr[i] with S(n). Is that right? I want to do this in GRC. Can someone guide me a little here and tell me if I am understanding it right.

Will be eagerly waiting for a reply. I am not good at Communications stuff as this is not my major but I am trying hard. :) A little help will greatly appreciated.

Thanks
John