[Discuss-gnuradio] Wireshark issue

From: David Barton
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wireshark issue
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:41:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am relatively new to GNU Radio. I set up a simple experiment of connecting a file source directly to the usrp sink and monitoring the traffic on the ethernet port using wireshark. The source file simply contains the letters abc. When I ran the flowgraph in GRC it did seem to initiate traffic on the ethernet interface to the USRP but I could not find the string abc in any ethernet frame. I thought that since there is no modulation or any other manipulation of the source data in the flowgraph before the usrp that I would be able to find this data string in the ethernet frame. Is there anything the USRP sink block could be doing on the host side that would alter the data before it gets sent out over ethernet interface to the USRP?

Thanks,
Dave