Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB Gigabit Ethernet Dongle + USRP2

From: Harley Myler
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB Gigabit Ethernet Dongle + USRP2
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:58:20 -0500

On Jul 23, 2010, at 9:48 AM, Charles Herdt wrote:

> Harley
>
> USRP2 uses Gigabit Ethernet because USB did not have enough bandwidth.
> If you use a usb dongle, you are killing its purpose.
> If you would like to use it through USB, I guess using a USRP 1 is a better
> idea.
> If you do get it to work on a dongle, which I doubt will be possible, you
> will not be able to use the USRP full capacity, and still be limited to
> higher decimation values.
>
> Charles

Yes, I know.

Harley

CONFIDENTIALITY: Any information contained in this e-mail (including
attachments) is the property of The State of Texas and unauthorized disclosure
or use is prohibited. Sending, receiving or forwarding of confidential,
proprietary and privileged information is prohibited under Lamar Policy. If you
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail
from your system.