Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DDC design

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DDC design
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 20:41:05 -0400

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 7:28 PM, zero cool <address@hidden> wrote:
> hi all,
> I am trying to design my own DDC for the purpose of better reception of gsm
> signals, but stuck with its design, currently I am using vertex 5 FPGA from
> Xilinx, so please if there is any link or design guide from where we can
> start, Any help is very much appreciated.

Are you getting stuck with the FPGA/Verilog portion, or the signal
processing "what do I do?" portion?

For the FPGA/Verilog stuff, it isn't too bad - just ask the right
question and there should be an answer somewhat quickly.

For the signal processing "what do I do?" stuff, you should try that
book Bob McGwier posted about earlier:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/signal-processing-techniques-for-software-radios/11905533

Looked like it has some good SDR material in it.  I am sure they go
over mixers and DUC/DDC and plenty of filtering.

Good luck!

Brian