Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD example

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD example
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:53:01 +0400

Hi Josh,
                   Yes, I forgot about that, it's just that the default sample rate in GRC was set to 32k, and I overlooked that. I've pulled in and compiled the latest SRCREVs from both the gnuradio and ettus uhd repositories, on Fedora 12.

I've set it to 100 Msps, and connected it to a Null Sink, and I get an error message saying that the target hardware doesn't support 100Msps.

I have a USRP2 which has a sample rate of 100Msps. Why is it switching to 25Msps?

Here is the output:

Executing: "/home/elvis/Desktop/grc-examples/top_block.py"

Current recv sock buff size: 50000000 bytes
Current send sock buff size: 50000000 bytes
Using: WBX TX (0x0053)
Using: WBX RX (0x0052)
RX samples per packet: 362
TX samples per packet: 363
Recv pirate num frames: 33967
The hardware does not support the requested sample rate:
    Target sample rate: 100.000000 MSps
    Actual sample rate: 25.000000 MSps

gr_block_executor: source <gr_block uhd simple source (2)> produced no output.  We're marking it DONE.

>>> Done

Regarding the previous crash, I think error handling should be improved, I tried to replicate the crash again, with 100k sample rate setting, and it terminates.

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  No devices found for ----->
addr: 192.168.10.2

However, after you set it back to a valid value of say 100M, it still doesn't work, requiring a full reboot of the USRP2.

Perhaps this was because of an unhandled exception?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson