Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on osx 10.6.4

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on osx 10.6.4
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:55:15 -0600

On Jul 19, 2010, at 12:57 PM, Elvis Dowson wrote:
One of the things that the guys working on GTK+ mentioned was that you should completely uninstall MacPorts, to do the GTK+ installation. The GTK+ installation has a whole bunch of dependencies, so I will try that last. That part I think is only related to GRC.

Is their mentioning somewhere on a Wiki or whatever online? Or was this a private email? I'm a MacPorts developer, and I'd like to know the reasoning so that I can either quit doing MacPorts or augment it so-as to overcome whatever deficiency they have found. If it's just a matter of selecting configure options or patching code, MacPorts can handle whatever workaround is necessary. If it's a matter of personal opinion, well, that's OK too -- we're each entitled to what we want to think and use. - MLD