Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on osx 10.6.4

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on osx 10.6.4
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 21:23:33 +0400

Hi,

On Jul 19, 2010, at 8:59 PM, Michael Dickens wrote:

Hi Elvis - GNU Radio's configure script is looking for the PKG_CONFIG installed files for QtCore.pc & so forth.  Those need to be in the PKG_CONFIG_PATH, and I'd bet that they're not right now otherwise they would have been found.

I can see a QtCore.pc file in my installation directory

/Developer/Applications/Qt-4.7/lib/pkgconfig/QtCore.pc

I updated my .profile accordingly

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/Developer/Applications/Qt-4.7/lib:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Looking at grc_gr_qtgui.m4, I see the following entry

    PYTHON_CHECK_MODULE([PyQt4.QtCore], [PyQt4 for Qt4], \
[passed=yes], [passed=no], \
[PyQt4.QtCore.PYQT_VERSION >= 260000])

I tested the PyQt4 installation, just to see if it is working, and the installation is correct, but something in the gnuradio scripts is preventing it from being recognized

$ python
>>> import sys
>>> from PyQt4.QtGui import *
>>> app = QApplication(sys.argv)
>>> button = QPushButton("Hello World", None)
>>> button.show()
>>> app.exec_()

>>> from PyQt4 import QtCore
>>> s = QtCore.QString()