Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion and WxWidgets 2.9.0 on Mac OS

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion and WxWidgets 2.9.0 on Mac OS X 10.6.4
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 01:32:43 +0400

Hi Michael,

On Jul 19, 2010, at 1:23 AM, Michael Dickens wrote:

Longer answer: So long as you can do "import wx" from Python, then grc should work with whatever display is provided (whether gtk or cocoa / aqua).  The wx API hides the actual GUI being used, at least to a high degree.

There is a wxPython-2.8.11 binary that you can download from the following link

This is for a 32-bit carbon framework.

I still haven't managed to get 64-bit cocoa framework building, although some of the wxPython developer have said that they have done so.

So, back to the discussion, now I have wxPython for carbon installed and import wx works, and it reports the correct version:

$ python
>>> import wx
>>> wx.VERSION_STRING
'2.8.11.0'
>>> exit()

I've still do to import some more dependent libraries (cheetah, lxml) and see if grc will get built.

This is what is looks like at the moment, when I run gnuradio ./configure

<snip>

checking for xdg-mime... false
checking for Python >= 2.5... yes
checking for Python Cheetah templates >= 2.0.0... no
checking for Python lxml wrappers >= 1.3.6... no
checking for Python gtk wrappers >= 2.10.0... no
Not building component grc.

<snip>

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

usrp2-firmware

These components will not be built.

The following GNU Radio components have been successfully configured:

config
gruel
gnuradio-core
gr-msdd6000
gr-audio-osx
gr-atsc
gr-cvsd-vocoder
gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
gr-noaa
gr-pager
gr-radio-astronomy
gr-trellis
gr-wxgui
gnuradio-examples
docs

You my now run the make command to build these components.

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

gcell
usrp
usrp2
gr-usrp
gr-usrp2
gr-gcell
gr-audio-alsa
gr-audio-jack
gr-audio-oss
gr-audio-portaudio
gr-audio-windows
gr-comedi
gr-gpio
gr-radar-mono
gr-video-sdl
gr-qtgui
gr-sounder
gr-utils
grc

These components will not be built.

Configured GNU Radio release v3.3.1git-30-g278b6db3 for build.

best regards,

Elvis Dowson