[Discuss-gnuradio] question to gmsk.py (modulation)

From: Thilo Mönicke
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] question to gmsk.py (modulation)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 15:32:12 +0200

Hi all,

I'am doing some stuff with gmsk and so I had a look to gmsk.py
(gnuradio-core/src/lib/python/gnuradio/blks2impl/gmsk.py). In the
modulation part of the file, the incomming stream is nrz coded,
gaussian filtered and frequency modulated... so far so good.

But the gaussian taps for the FIR-filter are convoluted with a
rectangular window. I have no idear, why this is done. Could anybody
explain it to me?

thank you

Thilo