Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 and Data Rate

From: Garrett Wenger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 and Data Rate
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 14:43:45 -0400

I am not quite sure what data rate I am getting.  I've been using a signal analyzer to receive and demod what I'm transmitting and it can generally pick up the bit sequence that I am now sending out, but I get an error rate the fluctuates from about 5% all the way up to 70% or higher.
My cpfsk mod index is set to 1 and the distance between the peaks is about 10kHz, so it really seems like my data rate is somewhere around what I want it to be, but the error rate is just way to high.

Also, I went ahead and added in the interpolating filter like you suggested, but just for future reference, what is bad about having a high samples per symbol value?

-Garrett