[Discuss-gnuradio] UHD: samples alignment

From: Zohair
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD: samples alignment
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 05:49:22 -0700 (PDT)

I thought I should give UHD a go and have switched now to using it instead
for the VRT branch. Again, I want to test the sample alignment for multiple
USRP's. ( Big thanks to you Josh for adding the time facilities three days a
go)
I have modified the XML file as below:
<make>uhd.simple_source($args, uhd.io_type_t.$type.type)
self.$(id).set_samp_rate($samp_rate)
self.$(id).set_center_freq($center_freq)
self.$(id).set_gain($gain)
#if $ant()
self.$(id).set_antenna($ant)
#end if
self.$(id).set_time_next_pps(uhd.time_spec_t(0,0))   <==============
time.sleep(1)
<==============
</make>

Now my questions are:
1- Is it enough to do this? Shouldn't I tell the USRP2 to start streaming at
a specific timestamp? I have looked into the UHD files but wasn't able to
spot a function to do this, though.

2- If I don't use the clock_config, what are the defaults?

3- In the runtime, how can I print the received packet timestamp to make
sure they are aligned?

Waiting to hear from you.

Best,

Zohair