Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Coherent de-dispersion

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Coherent de-dispersion
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:31:36 -0400

> Actually, my frequency-domain coefficient generator is based loosely on
> some earlier Swinburne
>  code, and then I use the Gnu Radio FFT filter block, after turning the
> frequency-domain
>  coefficients into time-domain ones (for some bizarre reason, the Gnu
> Radio FFT filter takes
>  its coefficients in time-domain, rather than frequency domain).

(I should probably change the subject, but this is just a quick
interlude and hopefully won't spawn a long conversation.)

Do you really think that's bizarre? I always think of filter taps
being naturally expressed in the time domain. But maybe that's just a
limitation of my background. In the constructor of the fft filter
block we do the FFT to convert them. Since all of our algorithms
return the taps in the time domain, it makes sense to me to handle
both filters the same.

Tom