Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting UHD kernel buffers

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting UHD kernel buffers
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:44:57 -0700

put these settings in /etc/sysctl.conf

you either have to reboot or login-logout

-Josh

On 06/28/2010 02:30 PM, Charles Brain wrote:
When setting the kernel max buffers for UHD the manual
suggests using sudo sysctl -w net.core.rmem_max=<new value>
sudo sysctl -w net.core.wmem_max=<new value>

I have done that on my system and it has made a huge difference to
the performance of my software. I can now transmit my DVB-T signal
continuously at 10 Ms/s with no dropouts.

excellent

Unfortunately everytime I reboot my system I have to run the commands
again. What is the procedure for making these settings permanent?
I am no Linux guru hence the question. I am using Fedora 12.

- Charles