[Discuss-gnuradio] channel model question

From: John Andrews
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] channel model question
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:12:56 -0700

Hi,
I have a nagging doubt about how the channel model is implemented in gnuradio. Suppose I have an input signal entering the channel model at 100,000 samples/sec. Let's say the channel model has to add an offset of 1000Hz to the input signal. Then I must have 100,000 samples of a 1000Hz SINE_WAVE signal and multiply each input sample with a corresponding input sample. Am I right? If I am right then i don't see this happening here with the sampling rate given as 1 in the line below

d_freq_offset = gr_make_sig_source_c(1, GR_SIN_WAVE, frequency_offset, 1.0, 0.0);

If I am wrong then will someone please correct me here.

thank you very much
John