[Discuss-gnuradio] High frequency OFDM

From: Joachim Roop
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] High frequency OFDM
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:37:04 +0200

Hi,

I successfully implemented OFDM with two USRPs with LFRX/LFTX at 1-50MHz,
connect by cable. Now I tried switching over to higher frequencies via
TVRX/WBX. While I receive a perfectly valid looking spectrum with a good SNR,
it does not seem to decode at >200MHz.
If I increase the sub-carrier spacing of the transmission and thus the
bandwidth, it works again. But why do I have to do that if the signal and SNR
look okay?

What destroys a OFMD signal at high frequencies? Is it phase noise? Is the
USRPs frequency resolution different at higher frequencies?

Any literature/papers on this topic would also be helpful - I am kind of stuck
here.