Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio with alternate python

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio with alternate python
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 15:10:25 -0700

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 12:32:38PM -0500, Brett L. Trotter wrote:
> I'm just now getting to a gnuradio project and hadn't had much of a
> chance to dogfood my gnuradio RPM from my repo. Now that I'm getting to
> it, all of the examples scripts have #!/usr/bin/env python hardcoded at
> the top. I was thinking the build process (which already knows the
> appropriate python) should populate all the python scripts with the
> correct python?

Yes, it could.  It would probably be best if the "install" step of
"make install" did it while installing them.

Feel free to submit a patch for this based off of the "maint" branch.

> Otherwise, it looks like I'm going to have to rebuild my RPM and sed all
> of the .py files?

Or, as a workaround, juggle your PATH such that the python you want
comes in front of the python that you don't want.

Eric