Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FEC

From: William Cox
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FEC
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 15:19:22 -0400

What's your received signal power?
For instance, this guy (no idea if he's right) shows simulated GMSK BER curves with a 5e-3 BER anywhere from 8db - 14db depending on the bandwidth-time product: http://iaci.unq.edu.ar/materias/telecomunicaciones/archivos/infoadicional/esquemas_de_modulacion_digital.pdf
Just a thought. Since it's corrupt packets you're talking about and not bits, things should be a bit different, but with any decent FEC the packet error rate should be much lower than that.
-William