Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Proper build method

From: John Orlando
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Proper build method
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:35:57 -0500

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Bryan Edelman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  As I am not an expert on linux/compilers by a longhop I have a question
> about the proper way to build a dependency after making a change to it.
>
> Say for example I make a change to usrp2/firmware/lib/clocks.c
>
> What is needed to recompile and properly link it with the rest of the usrp /
> gnuradio code?
>
> I assume there is a better solution to making the entire source over…

For the example you provided, simply running the "make" command in the
usrp2/firmware/lib directory will re-build just the source file that
is modified, perform the proper linking, and will emit the series of
.bin executable files into the apps directory.  This is the standard
way of re-building after code modifications for the USRP2.

--
John Orlando
CEO/System Architect