[Discuss-gnuradio] KeyboardInterrupt not being caught in top_block

From: Kyle Zhou
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] KeyboardInterrupt not being caught in top_block
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 00:29:10 +1000

Basically, I want to catch Ctrl+C after top_block.run()
For example

    try:

        my_top_block().run()

    except KeyboardInterrupt:

        print "Ctrl+C has been pressed. Exiting."

However, when Ctrl+C is pressed, the program exits straight away without executing the print function.

It seems that KeyboardInterrupt is not propagated to the main thread?

What am I doing wrong?

By the way, if I caught some exception in work(), what is the best way to exit the program? top_block.stop() or raise SystemExit, 1?

Regards

Kyle