[Discuss-gnuradio] CPFSK modulation and bit rate

From: Garrett Wenger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CPFSK modulation and bit rate
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:02:43 -0400

Hello,
I'm a newcomer to the whole world of SDR and actually radio in general.  For the past few days I've been reading through messages posted here and the source code behind gnuradio, but I haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Right now, I am simply trying to CPFSK modulate and transmit my data source.  Using grc, I have a vector source block (simply for testing), a CPFSK mod block, and a USRP sink.  I want to send data at 10 kbps, but looking at a scope that I set up right after the vector source, the data is coming across much faster than that.  I added in a repeater in an effort to slow the data rate and generate the correct waveform, which actually seemed to work, but I was wondering if there is any other way to control this?

Thanks a lot,
Garrett