[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 synchronization with UHD works!

From: 周亮
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 synchronization with UHD works!
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 18:47:12 +0800

Hi,

After several days test, I got the conclusion that USRP2 could be synchronized with UHD accurately. The lastest UHD version fixed stream bug with PPS and make it possible to sampling with delay  less than 0.5ns. I attached histogram of delay distribution. The test is run on two USRP2 rev4. PPS signal and reference clock should be from same device.

 I also try synchronization between USRP2 rev3 and rev4. The mean of delay is about 57ns... I guess it is because the USRP2 impedence are different. The PPS difference caused delay should be close to integer times of 10ns....

And I want to ask about the reason of delay distribution and the reason of predictable mean of delay. Is there any way to decrease the mean and variance of delay?

Thanks!

Liang

使用新一代 Windows Live Messenger 轻松交流和共享! 立刻下载!