[Discuss-gnuradio] Long-running app getting into trouble

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Long-running app getting into trouble
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 23:26:34 -0400

I have a long-running Gnu Radio application--my VLF sid receiver.  It
seems to "wedge" after a few days
  of flawless operation.

The application uses an audio source, and an audio sink, but usually the
source and sink are on
  two different sound cards.

The application uses a number of WxGUI widgets, and was generated using
GRC.  I don't see any evidence
  for a memory leak, the app reaches stable virtual and resident-set
sizes fairly quickly, and they don't change.

There's no evidence for a file-descriptor leak (checked /proc/XXXX for
each of the 3 processes involved, and
  everything looks good).

No kernel error messages (and this application behaves this way across
different distributions of
  Linux--both Ubuntu and Fedora show this problem).

Next time it happens, I'll force a core dump, and see if I can see where
it's getting hung.

But it's most puzzling, and a little worrying.  I really need this app,
and ones like it to run
  essentially indefinitely, doing what they do.  If anyone has any kind
of clue, and wants the
  code (most of it produced in GRC), please let me know.

Cheers(?)
Marcus

--
Marcus Leech