Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Need help with gr how to create a signal processi

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Need help with gr how to create a signal processing block template
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 12:47:50 -0700

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 12:01:17PM -0700, H.Raza wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the reply Tom, I figured out that part after looking at a
> number of sample Makefile.am files in different projects. I used the -I<dir>
> flag to include the directories and the compilation began, but after a few
> steps I received the following error.
>
> ====================== from Terminal===================
> libtool: link: g++ -g -O2 -g -O2 -o .libs/test_all test_all.o
> ./.libs/libgnuradio-howto-qa.a
> /home/user/Downloads/gr-howto-write-a-block-template/lib/.libs/libgnuradio-howto.so
> -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libcppunit.so -ldl -lboost_thread-mt
> -lrt -lboost_date_time-mt /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-core.so
> /usr/local/lib/libgruel.so /usr/lib/libfftw3f.so -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm
> /usr/local/lib/libgromnithread.so -pthread
> /home/user/Downloads/gr-howto-write-a-block-template/lib/.libs/libgnuradio-howto.so:
> undefined reference to `libmatinvTerminate'
> /home/user/Downloads/gr-howto-write-a-block-template/lib/.libs/libgnuradio-howto.so:
> undefined reference to `mclTerminateApplication_proxy'
> /home/user/Downloads/gr-howto-write-a-block-template/lib/.libs/libgnuradio-howto.so:
> undefined reference to `mclInitializeApplication_proxy'
> /home/user/Downloads/gr-howto-write-a-block-template/lib/.libs/libgnuradio-howto.so:
> undefined reference to `libmatinvInitialize'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> In the above errors libmatinv is the name of my generated library from
> matlab mcc. The library is already in the lib folder. The C driver
> implementation is also in the lib folder inside generalwork function
> implementation.
>
> I have been searching around for this error and I heard from someone that I
> might have to use -L<dir> and "small L"-l<dir> flags to give the compiler
> the implementation of the functions in my library header, along with the
> -I<dir> but I am not exactly sure which files does it need. Any suggestions
> in this regard are highly appreciated.
>
> Also Tom you mentioned M4 config files, I am planning to release these later
> on once my target is achieved. Would you kindly guide me a little, so I have
> a decent idea where to start learning about these files and then take it 1
> step at a time. Thanks again.

You have apparently failed to add the additional link-time dependency
when you are bulding libgnuradio-howto.so.  The library that's missing
is the one that contains libmatinvTerminate, et al.

I suggest that you spend a few minutes with the automake documentation:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/#TOCdocumentation

Eric