Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Git commit for 3.2.2 release?

From: Thomas Tsou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Git commit for 3.2.2 release?
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 17:44:24 -0400

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Catalin Patulea
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Thomas Tsou <address@hidden> wrote:
>> http://github.com/ttsou/gnuradio-ttsou/tree/releases/3.2
> The best I've been able to find in there is 24d0fd9:
> http://github.com/ttsou/gnuradio-ttsou/commit/24d0fd908510846254f7317d353506c41daf079c
>
> This seems to have only SVN keywords-related diffs in common files,
> but there are a slew of files that are in one and not the other (the
> commit's tree vs 3.2.2 tarball).

Yeah you're right. I only ran the diff against git/svn tracked files.
The git commit and svn tag match, but there are other things going on
with the tarball. Added build files make up part of the unaccounted
changes, generated files another, and additional stuff that I can't
explain.

> I think my best bet at the moment is to import a 3.2.2 tarball into my
> git repo and rebase on top of that? The reason we're stuck with 3.2.2
> is that there's already an SRPM out there where we can add our changes
> as a distro-level patch.

That could work. In either case, unless you're generating patches
against tarball or repo only code sections, patches should apply to
both version.

  Thomas