[Discuss-gnuradio] Odd situation when runnning usrp_benchmark_usb.py

From: Fernando Rodrigues de Souza Neto
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Odd situation when runnning usrp_benchmark_usb.py
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 21:37:23 -0300

Hi all,

I have gnuradio 3.3 installed in my laptop hp pavilion dv7-1020us with ubuntu 9.10. I was trying to run the usrp_benchmark_usb.py with 2 RFX1800 installed and all I could get was RuntimeError: can't open usrp, so I tried to change the daughterboards to two basic TX and one basic RX and it worked ok.

address@hidden:~/Desktop/gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/usrp$ ./usrp_benchmark_usb.py
Testing 2MB/sec... usb_throughput = 2M
ntotal    = 1000000
nright    = 998255
runlength = 998255
delta     = 1745
OK
Testing 4MB/sec... usb_throughput = 4M
ntotal    = 2000000
nright    = 1998065
runlength = 1998065
delta     = 1935
OK
Testing 8MB/sec... usb_throughput = 8M
ntotal    = 4000000
nright    = 3995207
runlength = 3995207
delta     = 4793
OK
Testing 16MB/sec... usb_throughput = 16M
ntotal    = 8000000
nright    = 7997570
runlength = 7997570
delta     = 2430
OK
Testing 32MB/sec... usb_throughput = 32M
ntotal    = 16000000
nright    = 15991890
runlength = 15991890
delta     = 8110
OK
Max USB/USRP throughput = 32MB/sec

Was I doing something wrong? The benchmark is meant to be run with the basics daughterboards or it can be run with any daughterboards? I do need to use the RFX1800 for the openBTS testing.

I still got the same odd error. I don't know what's wrong. Now I'm trying to run usrp_probe to check the daughterboards and I got, I believe, the same error.
I have two RFX1800 daughterboards, when I plug them at the same time, none can be recognized by the usrp. I get this:

>>> Error
can't open usrp

If the USRP cannot be found, make sure that the USRP is plugged-in and restart this program. If the problem persists, there may be a problem with you gnuradio installation or USB 2.0.

But if I unplug any of them I can read the results normally:

>>> USRP Probe

Name:
Flex 1800 Rx MIMO B

Converter Rate:
64000000

Uses Quadrature:
True

Gain Range (min, max, step size):
0.0
90.0
0.0500000007451

Freq Range (min, max, step size):
1500000000.0
2100000000.0
1

Does anyone have a clue of what could cause this?

Thanks in advance for any answer,

Fernando Rodrigues