[Discuss-gnuradio] Loops in the flow graph

From: Alberto Trentadue
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Loops in the flow graph
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 17:00:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hello
I've seen on the archives, and experienced myself, that GR does not support
having loops in the flow graph.
I would like to get some more insight on this limitation to understand 1.the
reasons for it and 2. how to workaround
it in those cases where a feedback loop is a key solution.
Naively, I try asking if it would be acceptable to detect the presence of at
least 1 sample delay in the loop and
apply a kind of initial condition (or simply a 0 initial value) to boot the
computations.
Where in the code the loop detection is implemented?

Thanks in advance
alberto

Risparmia con Tutto Incluso Light: telefono + adsl 8 mega a soli 14,95 € al
mese.Gratis la Sim Tiscali Mobile con 25 euro di traffico! L'offerta è valida
solo se attivi entro il
13/05/10http://abbonati.tiscali.it/telefono-adsl/prodotti/tc/tuttoincluso_light/?WT.mc_id=01fw