[Discuss-gnuradio] Controlling multiple USRP 2 on the TX path

From: Vincenzo Pellegrini
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Controlling multiple USRP 2 on the TX path
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 13:53:30 +0200

Hi everybody,
just wanted to know if anything like this was done before by anybody:

The idea is to control multiple USRP2 from one single host, over the very same Ethernet link.
Like.. the closest possible thing to delivering them a phy-level copy of the very same Ethernet signal and having them transmitting the same samples through whatever front-end daughterboard at whatever frequency.

Of course I understand that some bidirectional communication cannot be avoided at least at instantiation time but, provided that we can do that, would it be possible afterwards to deliver multiple USRP2s multiple copies of the same Ethernet frames while having them all transmitting (for sure,  I'm thinking about a tx-path-only configuration) the samples contained within ?

I don't really know myself if it is possible but, in case it is, that would be opening up unprecedented usage possibilities for the entire USRP2 system.

Thanks to all readers of this question

Best regards

vince