Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Spread Spectrum question in gnuradio

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Spread Spectrum question in gnuradio
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 01:00:33 -0400

this would be similar to 802.11b's PHY at 1Mbps, except it uses the barker sequence as opposed to the sequence you mention.  It spreads a BPSK signal using the barker sequence.

You can take a look at the BBN 802.11b code in CGRAN to see how they implement this:
https://www.cgran.org/browser/projects/bbn_80211/branches/usrp2_version/gr-bbn/src/examples/bbn_80211b_pkt.py#L126

It modulates to BPSK, and then spreads it out via the interpolation filter.

- George