Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] libusrp/libusrp2 vs uhd plans

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] libusrp/libusrp2 vs uhd plans
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:27:31 -0700

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:16, Charles Herdt <address@hidden> wrote:

>  Do we have any details on licensing of the UHD?
>  You mentioned full FSF only for libusrp. Will UHD be closed source?

I'll answer this briefly now in case Matt doesn't see this for a
while, though I can't speak for Ettus Research.

In short, UHD will be copyright Ettus Research and licensed for use
using GPL (I don't think the GPL version number has been announced).
In addition, it will also be available for licensing to third parties
with non-GPL licenses for use in environments besides GNU Radio.  The
source code in its current state has already been published as a git
repository.

Johnathan