Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fix for usrp2 overruns when stopping and restarti

From: Andy_Long
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fix for usrp2 overruns when stopping and restarting rx streaming
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:45:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Johnathan,

I have tried to build from source.

However, after sudo make install there is always a error that, Do I miss
some some dependencies? I have install all the package with similar name
from documents here.
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/repositories/changes/gnuradio/README

Error message:

deps/usrp2_impl.Tpo -c usrp2_impl.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/usrp2_impl.o
usrp2_impl.cc: In member function ‘void usrp2::usrp2::impl::start_bg()’:
usrp2_impl.cc:340: Error: ‘bind’isn't‘boost’member
usrp2_impl.cc: In member function ‘int
usrp2::usrp2::impl::handle_data_packet(const void*, size_t)’:
usrp2_impl.cc:453: Warning: ignoring return value warn_unused_result
declared with attribute ‘ssize_t write(int, const void*, size_t)’
make[3]: *** [usrp2_impl.lo] Error 1
make[3]:Leaving directory `/home/shi/gnuradio/usrp2/host/lib'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]:Leaving directory `/home/shi/gnuradio/usrp2/host'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]:Leaving directory `/home/shi/gnuradio/usrp2'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

However The message after ./configure shows that usrp2 will be install and
only usrp1 won't install

The following GNU Radio components have been successfully configured:

config
gruel
omnithread
gnuradio-core
mblock
usrp2
vrt
gr-usrp2
gr-msdd6000
gr-audio-alsa
gr-audio-oss
gr-audio-portaudio
gr-atsc
gr-cvsd-vocoder
gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
gr-noaa
gr-pager
gr-radio-astronomy
gr-trellis
gr-video-sdl
gr-wxgui
gr-qtgui
gnuradio-examples
grc
docs

You my now run the make command to build these components.

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

gcell
usrp
gr-usrp
gr-gcell
gr-audio-jack
gr-audio-osx
gr-audio-windows
gr-comedi
gr-gpio
gr-radar-mono
gr-sounder
gr-utils

These components will not be built.

Thank you.
regards,
andy

Configured GNU Radio release 3.3git-727-g04db1ec3 for build.