Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] overrun problem on gr-sounder project

From: Thomas Tsou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] overrun problem on gr-sounder project
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:32:39 -0400

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Yan Nie <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2. How does the tune() function work? Does that tune the signal after ADC,
> by creating a analog daughterboard? or it tunes the signal on the LFRX
> daughterboard  before ADC?

I looked at the source and found the following.

  /*!
   * \brief High-level "tune" method.  Works for the single channel case.
   *
   * This method adjusts both the daughterboard LO and the DDC so that
   * target_freq ends up at DC in the complex baseband samples.
   *
   * \param chan  which DDC channel we're controlling (almost always 0).
   * \param db    the daughterboard we're controlling.
   * \param target_freq the RF frequency we want at DC in the complex baseband.
   * \param[out] result details how the hardware was configured.
   *
   * \returns true iff everything was successful.
   */

  Thomas