Re: re[Discuss-gnuradio] configuring with usrp2 src present

From: Andy_Long
Subject: Re: re[Discuss-gnuradio] configuring with usrp2 src present
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 01:52:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Firas,

But it shows the same error as before. I am doing tests like that:

def main():
                t = my_top_block()

                t.start()
                t.wait()
                t.stop()
                print t.c2mag.level() #print power
                time.sleep(3)

                m = my_top_block()

                m.start()
                m.wait()
                m.stop()
                print m.c2mag.level() #print power
                time.sleep(3)

                n = my_top_block()

                n.start()
                n.wait()
                n.stop()
                print n.c2mag.level() #print power
                time.sleep(3)

                r = my_top_block()

                r.start()
                r.wait()
                r.stop()
                print r.c2mag.level() #print power
                time.sleep(3)

Or I am doing the while loop like that

def main():

                while 1:
                    t = my_top_block()
                    t.start()
                    t.wait()
                    t.stop()
                    print t.c2mag.level() #print power
                    time.sleep(3)

error message

>>> StdErr: usrp2: failed to enable realtime scheduling
1.43518970096e-07
StdErr: S1.41236599021e-07
StdErr: usrp2: channel 0 not receiving
usrp2::rx_samples() failed
0.0
StdErr: usrp2: channel 0 not receiving
usrp2::rx_samples() failed
0.0

The thing is that the first output is always fine to print the received
power. After that it will print the power again as expected, however with
error message "StdErr: S". It sometimes can print the power for third time,
then usrp2 collapses with "StdErr: usrp2: channel 0 not receiving
usrp2::rx_samples() failed". However,most of time usrp2 collapses in the
second loop rather than third loop.

If it is the problem of setting the loop of flow graph, I think I can't get
the second output or even third output. Am I right? For example, if I
changed the usrp2 source with constant sine wave, the program runs fine.

If it is the problem of usrp2, I guess I will face the same problem even I
am writing my own block simliary like message sink or gr-bin_statistics
sink.

Another question is that can I change the tune delay time in
gr-bin_statistics block to do the same thing such as time.sleep(3)? I just
throw all the samples in next 3 seconds

thank you
best regards,
Andy