Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T 8MHz feasibility of TVRX

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T 8MHz feasibility of TVRX
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 07:12:16 -0700

On 04/09/2010 01:26 AM, Xulián González wrote:
Hello,
My name is Xulián González, from Spain. We are planning a spectrum
sensing device, but the project is still in the first steps. My task now
is looking for the state of the art in this field and your initiative of
GNU Radio is very interesting.
We are considering the use of Usurp with a daugtherboard TVRX, but (as
it was discussed in
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg05833.html it
would have a degradation within bounds of 8 MHz). I think it would be
enough if the tuner module would be changed by other that fit the
specifications. Does anybody try this before? Besides the proper
compatibility of the tuner pin operation, is there any other impairment
I should take on account with this architecture? I am a beginner so I
ask all of you for some advice about this concept.
Thank you!!
Xulián

The TVRX has a 6 MHz SAW filter which you can't bypass. If you need 8 MHz the best choice would be the WBX, which has much wider filters.

Matt