Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sampling rate of tx_sampless.cc and rx_streaming_

From: Krishna S
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sampling rate of tx_sampless.cc and rx_streaming_sampless.cc
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 17:59:23 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
     So,  if i am setting interpolation rate 16 at transmitter side(tx_samples.cc), according to the equation the program is sampling at

   Sampling rate = 400/16 = 25M samples/sec.

but, I am able to receive the data only at the same decimation rate 16(rx_streaming_samples.cc) , for which the program is sampling at

Sampling rate =100/16 =6.25M samples/sec

But for me to transmit and receive data i have to send and receive at 25M samples /sec right ??

if i try to do that i.e., at receiver side samp rate = 100/4 = 25M samples /sec

I don't receive at all ...?

everything boils down to one question ?

the sampling rate what we are talking here is the sampling rate at which the samples have been sampled before sending to RF as discussed in COMMUNICATION THEORY (following the Nyquist Criteria)

or the sampling rate calculated to find the allowed no.of samples/sec the ETHERNET  can take  to connect the host to USRP2.  but inside the sampling rate is different ?

As i am dealing with RF communication i need to know exactly what sampling rate the USRP2 is sampling the data and sending over the air ?

Thanks
KRISHNA S